Surf Ski Surfing Class
Learn to surf fun coastal waves in this Surf Ski Surfing Class on the Washington Coast. Available all year, I’ll show you where to go and when, how to paddle out, catch more waves, stay in control and safe in the surf zone.
Beginner surfers will learn surf ski surfing basics in a safe and friendly environment. Experienced surfers will learn new skills and best surfing locations in the PNW.
Core Skills You’ll Gain
(Classes can be customized to your needs)
- Learn how to catch waves, turn, stop, capsize, recover and paddle out over waves.
- Catch more waves with smarter wave selection, timing and placement
- Learn bomber stability skills in the surf zone which will benefit all types of paddling.
- Save energy by learning easy turning techniques before, during and after your ride
- Avoid collisions and stress with others in the surf zone using Surfer’s Etiquette
- Catch more waves learning to surf small boat wakes and tugs in between freighters
- How to choose the best equipment and clothing for NW surfing
- Refine your forward stroke so you can paddle out faster with less effort
- Learn about NW surf forecasting
2020 Dates: Available all year, contact me to to discuss.
Duration: 3-4 Hours. Class Size: 1 – 4 People / Private Classes Only
Skill Level: Intermediate. You should be comfortable paddling in small waves and chop and know how to re-enter your ski on both sides
Location: Strait of Juan de Fuca, WA State
Private Group Class (3-4 Students): 169 per person with clothing rentals / 179 per person with your gear.
2 Person Rate: 223 per person with clothing rentals / 199 per person with your gear
Individual Rate (1-1): 379 with rentals / 323 with your own gear.
* Rentals Include: PFD (life vest), toasty wetsuit, booties, helmet, gloves.
Alumni/Repeat Classes: $10 off per person.
Rates are non-negotiable
Bringing your own gear? Leashes and PFDs required (Shilshole Bay is considered a flat water inland waterway by the CG). Wetsuits required Fall – Spring.
Covid Notice – SBP is open for classes. A maximum of 4 allowed in each class. Distancing will be followed on land and water. Recommended use of masks on shore. Equipment is regularly cleaned.
I took a freighter surfing course with Rob and it was amazing! Rob puts safety first every stroke, all the way and opens a whole new for every paddler in the Puget Sound Area.
Rob is fantastic! Had a great time learning to freighter surf and as a bonus feel way more comfortable maneuverin.