Surf Ski Surfing Class
Learn to surf fun coastal waves in this Surf Ski Surfing Class on the Washington Coast.
Available all year, I’ll show you where to go and when, how to paddle out, catch more waves, stay in control and safe in the surf zone.
Beginner surfers will learn surf ski surfing basics in a safe and friendly environment. Experienced surfers will learn new skills and best surfing locations in the PNW.
Core Skills You’ll Gain
(Classes can be customized to your needs)
- Learn how to catch waves, turn, stop, capsize, recover and paddle out over waves.
- Catch more waves with smarter wave selection, timing and placement
- Learn bomber stability skills in the surf zone which will benefit all types of paddling.
- Save energy by learning easy turning techniques before, during and after your ride
- Avoid collisions and stress with others in the surf zone using Surfer’s Etiquette
- Catch more waves learning to surf small boat wakes and tugs in between freighters
- How to choose the best equipment and clothing for NW surfing
- Refine your forward stroke so you can paddle out faster with less effort
- Learn about NW surf forecasting
Also check out my Freighter Wave Surfing Class in Seattle, held Spring and Summer.
Private Classes only
Available all year per your schedule and swell forecast / tides. Contact me to to discuss.
Location: Strait of Juan de Fuca coastal breaks, such as Crescent Beach or similar (many options out there for skis)
Duration: 4 Hours. Class Size: 1 – 4 People
Skill Level: Intermediate. You should be comfortable paddling in small waves and chop and know how to re-enter your ski on both sides
Location: Strait of Juan de Fuca, WA State / Alternatively we can also surf Deception Pass in certain conditions.
Private Group Rate (3 people): 349 per person
2 Person Rate: 449 per person
1 Person Lesson (1-1): 723
+ Add Rental Gear:
- Surf ski, kayak paddle or wing, leash, PFD (life vest) – ($30 per person)
- Full 4/3mm or 5/4mm wetsuit, booties, hood, gloves, helmet – ($20 per person)
Rates are non-negotiable
Bringing your own gear? Leashes and PFDs. Wetsuits or dry suits required year round. Helmet recommended for bigger days.
Covid Notice – SBP is open for classes. A maximum of 4 allowed in each class. Distancing will be followed on land and water. Recommended use of masks on shore. Equipment is regularly cleaned. Instructor is vaccinated.
I took a freighter surfing course with Rob and it was amazing! Rob puts safety first every stroke, all the way and opens a whole new for every paddler in the Puget Sound Area.
Rob is fantastic! Had a great time learning to freighter surf and as a bonus feel way more comfortable maneuverin.