Surf Ski Clinic with Jonas Ecker
In this Surf Ski Clinic with Jonas Ecker, you’ll get new skills to help you go faster, be more stable and get to your next level.
The session is 3hrs and packed full of tons of helpful insights from helping you perfect your forward stroke and leg drive to increasing speed by being more efficient through working less.
Classes are kept small so you get more instructor time. Jonas works with each student individually and as a group. Open to beginners looking to get started and learning to remount easier.
Jonas is available for private sessions such as downwinding, race training and more.
The clinics take place at the Ballard Elks beach in Seattle.
Seattle Clinic Dates:
- May 21 – 9am – 3 spots left
- May 27 – 5:30pm – 4 spots
- June 8 – Noon – 4 spots
Jonas is from Bellingham, WA and has been paddling surf ski’s and sprint kayaks since the age of 10. In sprint, Jonas has competed as a member of the US National Team since 2018 and currently holds all four Men’s K1 National titles. He most recently qualified to represent Team USA at the Senior World, U23 World, and Pan-American Championships this summer (2022).
In ski, Jonas has taken podium spots at top events such as the Canadian Downwind Championships and the Gorge Downwind Championships. Jonas also explores the backcountry and is studying at the University of Washington for a Major in Marine Biology and a Minor in Chemistry.
Who Should Sign Up?
- Beginners to advanced paddlers
- Must have your own equipment we can supply wetsuits, boots, gloves and pfd for an extra rental fee.($15 per session)
- Know basic swimming skills
- Leash and PDF required (We can supply)
- Group Class Size: 4 people
- Class Duration: 3 hours. Includes both land and water instruction. Go at your own pace
- Location: Ballard Elks Lodge beach (Seattle)
- Private classes available
May 21 – 9AM / May 27 – 5:30pm / June 8 – Noon
Private or Public Group Classes (3-4 Students): 189 per person
2 Private Person Rate: 239 per person
Individual Rate (1-1): 399
+ ADD RENTAL GEAR:
- We recommend wetsuits and booties even in Summer as the Sound doesn’t really warm up. Our suits are toasty warm, flexible and comfortable.
- RENTAL RATES: $15 stable board, paddle, deck bag, leash and PFD (life vest). $15 – 4/3mm wetsuit, hood, booties & gloves.
- OK TO USE YOUR OWN GEAR. It’s best to learn on your own gear if you have it. But please don’t buy gear just for our class. Try our gear first!
- Rates are non-negotiable / Gratuities are always welcome.
Contact me to book a class
Skill Prerequisites: Intermediate
You should have your own ski and have basic swimming skills.