SUP Basics Level 1 – 3 Class Series
For beginners or those seeking a refresher, learn the basics in three 2hr evening classes – How to stand, turn, paddle straight, paddle over boat wakes, in wind, fall safely and get back on easily.
You’ll also learn about which gear to purchase, how to carry and load you board, do repairs and where to paddle in the Pacific Northwest and beyond. We’ll also cover rescues, making smart planning decisions, reading water and how to forecast marine weather and tides.
Contact us to schedule a Level 2 version of this class.
- How to stand up with confidence
- How turn using sweep the crossbow and pivot turns
- How to paddle straight, on one side and injury free
- How to paddle backwards and sideways
- How to rescue others, towing, and water safety
- How to paddle sitting, on your knees and prone (on chest)
- How to stay stable in rough water, boat wakes and in wind
- How to carry a SUP and load it on your car
- How to have an easy to learn yet powerful and efficient forward stroke
- Tips on purchasing gear from boards and paddles to clothing
- How to read tide tables and read marine forecasts
- SUP repair tips
- How to outfit and pack your your SUP for day trips
Class Size: 1 – 4 People
Location: Ballard Elks beach on Shilshole Bay in Seattle.
Duration: 3 hours. Learn at your own pace.
Schedule: Spring – Fall 2018 Privates sessions on your schedule welcome.
Instructor to Student Ratio: 1:4 or 2:4
Video playback may be used.
Instructor Follow-up: Rob will send you a summary of skills you learned in class. He’ll stay in touch with you after class to assist with finding paddling equipment and offer tips on where to paddle in the NW.
Who Should Attend?
Beginners or those seeking a refresher class. Ideal for individuals or groups looking to gain a solid foundation from patient certified instructors. Can also be held as a private class.
Group Rate: 599 per person. 3 – 4 students.
*All rental gear is included with cost: Stable board, paddle, PFD (life vest), leash, wetsuit, booties, gloves.
Alumni: $25 off per person.