Double Header Race Weekend!!
Register for both races and get $10 off.
- Saturday 3/27 – PNWORCA Winter Series #7 Race at Sandpoint
- Sunday 3/28 – Our Link the Lakes Race (Below) starting from Agua Verde Paddle Club
Link the Lakes – DETAILS PAGE..
Sunday March 28th 6.8 Mile Paddling Race in Lake Union, Portage Bay, the Montlake Cut and Lake WA from Agua Verde Paddle Club
LOCATION – Agua Verde Paddle Club 1307 NE Boat Street Seattle, WA 98105
PARKING – Free UW Lot across street, Free Street Parking and paid marina parking.
BOAT SET-UP – (Fritz Hedges Waterway Park (New!) and Free lot grass strips and round grass area by AV docks. *Stay off other UW property.
WATER ACCESS – Fritz Hedges Waterway Park (new!). Less distancing at the Agua Verde main dock; Rocky shoreline access by Sakuma Point; and Public Dock by houseboats on east end of paid AV lot. Alternatively, paddle in from Waterways 18 and 19 on Northlake Way.
THE DETAILS – Scroll to Bottom for Parking / Launch
6.8 miles –
- Start from Agua Verde Paddle Club and go west under the University Bridge and I-5 Bridge into Lake Union to #11 Buoy.
- Left turn around the Green port buoy #11 off Gas Works Park. Yield for boats.
- Head east into Portage Bay and Left Turn round the 2 red/pink buoys in front of the Seattle Yacht Club (photo below)
- Head east into Montlake Cut staying to the right to the Red Nun #18
- From #18 take a Left angled turn to head towards the Webster Point tower #21 – green.
- Left turn around the Webster Point Tower #21 Green marker.
- Back through Montlake Cut staying to the right of the channel.
- Finish at Agua Verde Paddle Club in front of the yellow dock / Starting Line. *Call out your name to Harry.
Yield to all boats
Gas Works Park Turn
Left turn around Green Buoy #11 – Yield for boats.
PORTAGE BAY TURN (below)
This turn are two orange buoys in front of Seattle Yacht Club.
WEBSTER POINT RED BUOY AND TURN
ALTERNATIVE COURSE FOR HIGH WIND
Kenmore Air Info for Avoiding Flashing Buoy Seaplane Area in Case of Landing