Covid-19 & Salmon Bay Paddle
We follow current WA State and King County Covid guidance. All instructors are vaccinated and our gear is regularly cleaned.
As an alternative to in-person classes check out my online courses!
My Online SUP Courses
- SUP 101 – Learn the basics from gear and clothing to standing up, turns, falling, remount and paddling straight.
- Intermediate SUP – Learn footwork, the pivot turn, rough water and more.
- VHF Radio Operation with John Foster
- Distance Paddling and Racing with Karl Kruger
- Puget Sound Surfing Guide – Find out where and when to surf the Sound. From freighter and tug waves to tidal rapids, power boats and downwinding.
- SUP Water Safety & Rescues
“I’ve had many SUP, surfing (and beyond) lessons world-wide but I haven’t found an expert in the area that compares to Rob’s level of quality experience, competency and teaching skills. Rob emphasizes safety first and caters to each individuals personal learning style in delivering quality instruction to paddlers of all levels. He truly went above and beyond and has set the bar extremely high for a business model that I hope to mirror. I will definitely return to him for further training.”
“Rob is an expert in SUP and offers even more relevant training and helpful information because of his background in kayaking. His skill, knowledge and expertise exceeded my expectations. He presented the information and training in a very clear and concise manner; adding many various tips throughout his instruction. Rob is encouraging, patient and practical – all very important traits when teaching a subject. The course more than met my needs – I learned a lot and as a beginner – I have a lot to learn. I will continue to turn to him as my ‘go to’ resource in all matters SUP. I’m extremely glad I chose Salmon Bay Paddle and Rob for my first professional training in SUP. I felt safe and confident with him the whole time.”