Rob Casey's Paddling Guidebooks
Find out where to paddle on Puget Sound, the San Juans and the BC Gulf Islands. Get details on put-ins, currents, best routes and much more! A local cult classic, this book is in it’s 3rd addition and has 10 more trips than prior editions.
Media Mentions and Publications Rob has Contributed To:
Publications and Media Rob has Contributed To:
- SUP the Mag – 1/2019 – How to Perform 6 Rescue Techniques
- SUP the Mag – “30 Tips for Cold Water Paddling“
- SUP the Mag – “SUP Destinations – Seattle“
- SUP the Mag – “Skills – Standing Up“
- SUP the Mag – The Pivot Turn
- The Inertia – How Tug and Freighter Waves Made Seattle My Surf Town, 2018
- Outdoors NW – 5 NW Paddling Destinations, 2018
- Spring 2016, Kenmore Air in-flight Magazine – Kayaking in the San Juan Islands
- REI.com – How to Choose a Paddle board
- SUP magazine – Instruction tips, NW SUP travel, event coverage, photos and more 2008 – Present.
- Canoe Kayak Magazine – NW paddling events, NW travel, Pygmy Kayaks story, NW paddler profiles & gear reviews
- Tug Wave Surfing article in Canoe Kayak Magazine 5/6/15
- ‘How to do the Pivot Turn‘ Article and video Rob wrote for online e-zine, Paddling.net
- “Should SUP be part of your wellness routine?” Read the article Rob wrote for Caldera Spa’s newsletter.
- Article on SUP in The Wall Street Journal Rob contributed to, 2014
- Waggoner’s NW Boating – 2 articles on the benefits of SUPs for boaters
- Curbed Seattle
- SUP Connect
- Stand Up Journal
- Distressed Mullet
“Stand Up Paddling Flat Water to Surf and Rivers” covers everything you need to know to get started or build your current skills to get to the next level. Learn about equipment, surfing, downwinding, racing, tidal rapids, river sup and water safety. Forward by David Kalama.
Magazine + Newspaper Features or Mentions:
- Seattle Met Magazine – Summer 2023 – Things to do on the Water in Seattle
- Perfect Paddles – 2023 – Online article on life jackets
- 2021 – Seattle Times – Guide to Stand Up Boarding in the Pacific Northwest
- Seattle Times – “Surf’s Up if you Follow Tug Boats off Seattle“
- Stand Up Journal – “Sound Bound-Seattle and her Standies” – 24 page feature by Doc Doolittle on the NW SUP Scene.
- StandUpPaddleSurf.net – “Freighter Surfing, Interview..”
- ExtraHyperActive – “Surfing Freighter Waves in Seattle“
- NW Yachting Magazine – SUP in the NW, 2018
- SUP the Mag – SUP Instructors Near You
- BuzzFeed — Mention of Salmon Bay Paddle in story about the Ballard Elks, May 2016.
- Seattle Weekly — “Getting Wet is Part of the Fun,” as part of ConnectClasses, June 2, 2016
- Alaska Air Magazine — Mention of Salmon Bay Paddle in in-flight magazine, 2015
- Stand Up Journal, 2015 “Surfing Freighter Waves in Seattle“