Link the Lakes Race - Seattle Race Series #3
Double Header Race Weekend!!
Register for both races and get $10 off.
- Saturday 3/27 – PNWORCA Winter Series #7 Race at Sandpoint
- Sunday 3/28 – Our Link the Lakes Race (Below) starting from Agua Verde Paddle Club
Link to Lakes..
Sunday March 28th, 2021 – 6.8 miles – REGISTER HERE
10% of proceeds to be donated to the Asian Counseling and Referral Service (ACRS)
- Agua Verde Paddle Club to Gas Works Park on Lake Union to..
- the Seattle Yacht Club buoys on Portage Bay
- thru the Montlake Cut to Lake Washington..
- to Laurelhurst’s Webster Point marker and return to Agua Verde
WHO SHOULD RACE? Open to prone, SUP, OC, prone, rowers, pedal craft, surf ski, kayak.
Covid Safety – This is a ‘real on-water race’ with Virtual Race shore safety protocols following current Phase guidance with online registration only, strict distancing and masks on shore and 1-2 min segmented starts for distancing. No land event before/after. Online awards.
- PFDs required to be worn for racers plus leashes for SUPs. Prone paddle board and rowers can carry on craft.
- Kayaks 13’+ and SUP minimum 12′-6″. (due to finishing under 2 ish hrs)
- Must know how to swim and self rescue
- Team or 2 person boats should be within the same household
- Must finish under 2 hours per current State Covid Phase guidance
Terms and Conditions
NOTE – Regardless of Circumstances:
- Refunds cannot be issued
- Tickets can be transferred between participants only if our registration receives the data prior to race.
- Tickets cannot be deferred to next year
Saturday 8pm – Pre-Race Zoom Safety Meeting (Link sent to registered participants)
8:20-9:00 – Racer set-up. Be ready for your heat times.
9:30AM – Get on the water to warm up and be ready for your heat start time
10AM – *RACE HEATS START – Divisions in groups of 10 launching 1 minutes apart
1PM – End on-water event. Awards sent/posted online after race.
QUESTIONS / CONTACT: Rob Casey – Email / 206-465-7167
YEAR ROUND PADDLING TRAINING AVAILABLE:
SUP, kayak and surf-ski. LEARN MORE
CHECK OUT OUR OTHER 2021 RACES:
- Past: Seattle Race Series – 5 Bridges Race – Jan 17, 2021
- Past: Feb 27 – Elks Crossing Benevolent Benefit to help the Ballard Elks Lodge. 6 miles. We raised $1,480!
- April 24 – Deception Pass Challenge Spring Race – New Course to Hope Island RT
- May 8 – Hammer the Inlet – 10 miles ride in current on Hammersley Inlet RT
- June 13 – Wanda Fuca Downwinder, Port Angeles – 10am. (13.5 miles)
- Sept or Oct – Lake Crescent Downwinder (8-10m)
- Oct – Possible Fall Deception Pass Race? (old course)
- December 4 – Deception Pass Challenge (Dash)
OTHER PNW 2021 RACES SERIES
Ballard Elks Paddling Club – Summer Monday Night Fundraiser Series – Starts May 3