Link the Lakes Race - Seattle Race Series #3
Link the Lakes Race..
Sunday March 28th, 2021 – 6.8 miles
Agua Verde on Portage Bay to Gas Works Park to the Seattle Yacht Club, thru the Montlake Cut to Laurelhurst’s Webster Point and Return to Agua Verde.
WHO SHOULD RACE?
Open to prone, SUP, OC, prone, row, pedal craft, surf ski, kayak
This is a ‘real on-water race’ with Virtual Race shore safety protocols following current Phase 1-2 Regs with online registration only, strict distancing and masks on shore and 1-2 min segmented starts for distancing. No land event before/after. Online awards.
Race Fees: $25 for 1 person craft until 1/15 / $50 for 2p from the same household / $35 on 1/16 for 1p / $55 on 1/16 for 2p.
- 1st place winners get free entry to next race.
- Post race drawing for a lucky racer who will get a $50 E-Gift Card from Agua Verde Cafe
- PFDs required to be worn for racers plus leashes for SUPs. Prone paddle board and rowers can carry on craft.
- Kayaks 13’+ and SUP minimum 12′-6″. (due to finishing under 2 hrs)
- Must know how to swim
- Team or 2 person boats should be within the same household
- Must finish under 2 hours per Phase 1 regs (1/11/20)
Terms and Conditions
NOTE – Regardless of Circumstances:
- Refunds cannot be issued
- Tickets can be transferred between participants only if our registration receives the data prior to race.
- Tickets cannot be deferred to next year
Saturday 7pm – Pre-Race Zoom Safety Meeting (Link sent to registered participants)
8:20-9:00 – Racer set-up. Be ready for your heat times.
9:30AM – Get on the water to warm up and be ready for your heat start time
10AM – *RACE HEATS START – Divisions in groups of 10 launching 1-2 minutes apart
Noon – End on-water event. Awards sent/posted online after race.
QUESTIONS / CONTACT: Rob Casey – Email / 206-465-7167
YEAR ROUND RACE TRAINING AVAILABLE:
SUP, kayak and surf-ski. LEARN MORE
CHECK OUT OUR OTHER 2021 RACES:
- Past: Seattle Race Series – 5 Bridges Race – Jan 17, 2021
- Feb 27 – Elks Crossing Benevolent Benefit to help the Ballard Elks Lodge. 6 miles.
- April 24 – Deception Pass Challenge Spring Race – New Course to Hope Island RT
- June 13 – Wanda Fuca Downwinder, Port Angeles – 10am. (13.5 miles)
- Sept or Oct – Lake Crescent Downwinder (8-10m)
- December 4 – Deception Pass Challenge (Dash)
Our Races Probably Not Happening in 2021..
Races in Production: Hammersley Inlet to Hope Island and/or Fox Island. Surf race?
OTHER PNW 2021 RACES SERIES
Ballard Elks Paddling Club – Summer Monday Night Fundraiser Series