Elk Crossing Race Course & Parking Details
Elk Crossing Benevolent Benefit – Seattle Race Series
Date: Saturday Feb 27th – 1:30pm Heats Start.
The Course – 6 miles
Registrants will receive a link to our pre-race Zoom Safety Meeting Friday night 2/26.
Heat start times emailed Friday night.
You’ll do this course twice..
- Start from the Ballard Elks pilings – Head south from inner pilings to buoy Nun #6 (Left Turn) Watch for boats.
- Staying slightly Right of Nun #6 line (out of channel) go towards Locks to red Nun #10 (Right Turn)…
- Right turn at Red Nun #10 (Photo below). Yield to boats, you Don’t have right of way.
- Staying Left along shore and out of boating channel, follow back to bay exit and turn Left past red triangle range marker tower.
- Right Turn around the ‘Big Rock’ heading out to the Sail Club buoy (vertical white buoy, 3′ tall)
- Right at the Sail Club buoy (vertical white buoy, 3′ tall, photo below)
- Left at the white/blue bumper buoy in below the waterfront homes (photo below)
- Back to the north or left side of the Elks wooden pilings. RIGHT TURN inside pilings…
- Follow above directions for a second run.
- After second run, finish inside the Elks pilings where marked.
STAY 50 YARDS FROM SEA LIONS ON DOCK. Roving sea lions can’t really be avoided. Recommend Not paddling into a pod of resting sea lions.
First RIGHT Turn – Starboard Nun #10 – below Locks
Big Rock RIGHT TURN
Sail Club Buoy – RIGHT TURN
NOTE: This buoy can be hard to see at a distance especially in waves. It’s Directly north or out from the Big Rock.
DOC DOOLITTLE AT BUOY
BEPC Bumper Buoy – LEFT TURN – Between Big Rock and Boating Channel
PARKING / LAUNCHING
LOCATION – Ballard Elks Lodge, 6411 Seaview Ave NW, Seattle, WA – DIRECTIONS
PARKING – Stay far left (south) side. Distance cars if you can.
BOAT SET-UP – Elks parking lot. Try to keep distanced on beach. Bring boat stands
LAUNCH: Ballard Elks beach, left side of lot. Rowers launch from Golden Gardens boat ramp 1.5m north.
QUESTIONS / CONTACT: Rob Casey – Email