Elk Crossing Benevolent Benefit - Seattle Race Series
Elk Crossing Benevolent Benefit – Seattle Race Series
Bringing back the Seattle Winter and Spring Seattle Race Series, these are monthly 6-8 mile paddling and rowing races on Seattle’s inner waterways. Hosted by Salmon Bay Paddle
Race #2 – Saturday Feb 27 – Elk Crossing Benevolent Benefit Race is a 6 mile course on Salmon and Shilshole Bays to support the Ballard Elks club in tough times and keep the doors, lot and beach open. Elks members and guests at the waterfront ‘Secret Beach Patio Bar’ will raise additional funds with a 50/50 Raffle with KAVU stuff.
ONLINE AWARDS: 1st place winners get free entry to next race and KAVU E-Gift Codes picked randomly during pre-race Zoom meeting and awarded after race.
Who Should Race? Open to SUP, OC, row, prone, pedal craft, surf ski, kayak, Elk. You can swim it if you like.
COVID-19 – This is a ‘real on-water race’ with Virtual Race shore safety protocols following current Phase 1-2 Regs with online registration only, social distancing and masks on shore and 1-2 min segmented starts for distancing. No land event before/after. Online awards.
Race Heats Start: 1:30pm. Heats for different craft spaced 1 minute apart.
Distance: 6 miles. Must be completed in 2 hours per Phase 1-2 guidance.
Can’t make it? Donate directly to the Elks here
Click here for *COURSE / PARKING / DIRECTIONS
Click here for **REGISTRATION**
Race Fees: $25 for 1 person craft until 1/15 / $50 for 2p from the same household / $35 on 1/16 for 1p / $55 on 1/16 for 2p.
- Kayaks 12′ and SUP minimum 12′ (due to finishing under 2 hrs for Phase 1-2 regs)
- Must know how to swim.
- Team or 2 person boats should be within the same household.
- Must finish under 2 hours per Phase 1-2 guidance (1/11/21)
- Life Jacket Requirements – PFDs required to be worn for racers plus leashes for SUPs. Prone paddle board and rowers can carry on craft.
CLICK HERE FOR A FULL COURSE MAP & BUOY TURN & FINISH DETAILS
Terms and Conditions
NOTE – Regardless of Circumstances:
- Refunds cannot be issued
- Tickets can be transferred between participants only if our registration receives the data prior to race.
- Tickets cannot be deferred to next year
Friday 7pm – Pre-race Zoom Safety Meeting. Registrants will receive zoom link.
11:30 – Start virtual check-in upon arrival
12:30 – 1pm PM – Get on water, listen for your start time confirmation and placement
1:30 PM – *RACE HEATS START – Divisions in groups of 10 launching minutes apart
4 PM – End event. Award sent online before/after race.
QUESTIONS / CONTACT: Rob Casey – Email preferred/ 206-465-7167
CHECK OUT OUR OTHER 2021 RACES:
- Past: Seattle Race Series – 5 Bridges Race – Jan 17, 2021
- Feb 27 – Elks Crossing Benevolent Benefit to help the Ballard Elks Lodge. 6 miles.
- March 28 – Seattle Race Series – Agua Verde and Link the Lakes Race to Webster Point RT
- May 8 – Hammersley Inlet Race – Super fun tidal run!
- April 24 – Deception Pass Challenge Spring Race – New Course to Cornet to Hope Island RT
- June 13 – Wanda Fuca Downwinder, Port Angeles – 10am. (13.5 miles)
- Sept 18 – Lake Crescent Downwinder (8-10m)
- December 4 – Deception Pass Challenge (Dash)
OTHER PNW 2021 RACES SERIES
Ballard Elks Paddling Club – Summer Monday Night Fundraiser Series