2018 SUP Races
Here are some of our SUP races you can be a part of:
- March 2019 – St. Paddles Day Race – Alderbrook Resort on Hood Canal. This is a 6 mile and 3 mile race for all paddling craft. Super fun race fully supported by the resort. And the only race with a glass enclosed hot tub and steam room the race start. The resort goes all out and has a band, t-shirt, food and beer. Race participants receive a hotel discount. Fee usually is $10 or less. Ok to show up race day to register.
- May – Sept – 7th Annual Monday Night Ballard Race Series – Starting in the 2018 race season, the Ballard Elks Paddling Club will be hosting this race series going forward. Learn more on the Ballard Elks Paddling Club website page.
- October 2018 – Halloween Race – Super fun race in full costumes held at the Ballard Elks. We have a 6m and 1.5m course. The 6m course goes around West Point. Race proceeds are donated to the Ballard Elks Scholarship Fund. We raised $800 in 2017.
Other PNW Races
Urban Surf Summer SUP Series
3m course on 6 Wednesday evenings on Lake Union July – August
The Sound Rowers welcome all paddlers to their many annual races that are held from Westport and Seattle to Wenatchee.
Here’s a list of their 2018 Races..
- 2/3 LaConner – Swinomish Slough to Goat Island, RT
- 3/10 Bellingham Bay
- 4/21 Jetty Island/Everett
- 5/5 Lake Whatcom Classic (Bellingham)
- 5/12 Commencement Bay (Tacoma )
- 6/23 Rat Island (Port Townsend)
- 7/14 Lake Sammamish
- 7/28 Elk River (Westport) – this could be very cool and a different pov of Westport.
- 8/4 Shaw Island – A circumnavigation in the San Juan Islands.
- 8/25 Great Cross Sound (West Seattle) – Alki to Bainbridge and back!
- 9/8 Bainbridge Island
- 9/15 Budd Inlet (Olympia)
- 9/22 Lake Samish (Bellingham)
- 9/29 Wenatchee – Columbia River!
- 10/6 Mercer Island (Seattle)
- December – Deception Pass Dash
Our Expert Instructors Put Your Safety and Enjoyment First
“I've gone SUP on my own a few times but felt I might be lacking in some basics. I got a lesson from Rob and it exceeded my expectations by a long shot.
Not only does he give all the strokes you may need in various situations, I also learned about equipment, safety, tides and currents, how to transport and hold my board. Little things that made a huge difference because I'm prepared in every area. Now I can just concentrate on having fun when I hit the water."- Sean F
"I learned not only how to improve my paddling skills but also how to read the water better, how to train more efficiently and most importantly not to forget to look up and enjoy being on the water.
If you are in the market for a lesson I would highly recommend Rob."- Troy Nebecker, Bellevue
"Rob’s personalized instruction greatly improved my skills and gave me the confidence to become fully immersed in stand up paddling.
There are plenty of SUP classes out there, most with very large groups and not a lot of one-on-one time. Rob’s classes are small and customized to suit your specific needs and perfect for those who really want to learn the ins and outs of the Pacific NW’s perfect sport."- Paul Edmonson, Seattle