Gear I use to store gear in my car, plus a few extras:
– Bungy tie-down for multiple paddles – Found at West Marine but I couldn’t find the product title on their website. Any bungy with hooks will do.
– Oh shit bar bunny – Any bungy with hooks will work. Velcro strips can be useful too.
– Plastic bucket – I like something durable as I carry a lot of gear in the bucket especially for classes and often take it out and drop it when heavy on the pavement. I’ve been through a few.
– Rubber mat to stand on – I use a piece of a closed cell foam camping pad. They can be purchased from outdoor stores or found at Value Village type stores. Alternatives include standing on a towel, inflatable camping pad and some stand in their bucket while removing their wet clothing.
– Under my floor mat I have extra fins, leashes, fin screws, foil tape, my books, common tools and other items I regularly use when teaching on the road.
– When cold, I’ll bring along a 2 gallon container of hot water to wash off after a session. Some wrap their wetsuits around their containers to keep it warm when not in use.
Search this blog for more car tips – Racks, loading gear, lifting boards, etc.
More Useful Rack Links: