Lake Crescent Paddling Race - Sept or Oct 2021
Lake Crescent Paddling Race – Sept 18th 2021
The Lake Crescent Paddling Race is a 7.6 mile course starting at the Barnes Point boat ramp near the historic Lake Crescent Lodge leading west up the lake then east towards the Log Cabin Resort and back to the Lodge boat ramp. Hopefully it’s a downwinder!
Open to all human powered paddling craft – Row, SUP, kayak, surf ski, outrigger, prone, peddle.
Start Protocol for Phase 2:
Following current WA State Outdoor Rec Phase 2 Guidelines, we are allowed to launch a wave of 10-15 racers every minute for 100-200 racers. Slowest craft start first.
VERY IMPORTANT – Covid-19 Safety Measures in Place.
- Registrants will be sent at Zoom link for our Pre-Safety Meeting and prize drawing.
- Per State Guidelines we will have a Covid-19 sanitation and hand cleaning station at the start.
- Masks will be required to be worn in the parking lot and shore areas and by safety crew on-water when in close contact with participants.
- You will be assigned a start time for your heat. Aside from the first (slower craft heat), all heats will be set by type of water craft.
- Please follow our onsite guidelines to stay distanced on shore and when entering the water. Stay clear of the start area if your heat isn’t immediately.
- Do not attend if you’re feeling sick and/or have a temp. No refund permitted if so.
- Life jackets required to be worn by all participants. Leashes as well for SUPs. Recommend a reliable communication device and hi-vis colors.
- Must be able to finish course in 2 hours per Phase 1-2 guidance.
- Open to most human powered paddling and rowing craft. Not allowed: Kayaks and SUPs under 12′.
- All racers are required to have onboard a vest style life jacket. PFDs required to be worn in wind over 15 knots.
- SUPs are additionally required to wear a waist leash.
- All participants must know how to swim and be in good physical shape.
- Hi-vis colors recommended so you can be easily seen by our safety staff and boaters.
Terms and Conditions
NOTE – Regardless of Circumstances:
- Refunds cannot be issued
- Tickets can be transferred between participants only if our registration receives the data prior to race.
- Tickets cannot be deferred to next year
Located 20 min west of Port Angeles along Highway 101. 3 hours from Seattle.
Lodging / Travel Info
There’s ample lodging in Port Angeles and surrounding AirBnBs and VRBO’s.
Seeking Volunteers and Safety Boats
Safety Boat/Board Requirements:
- You must have strong on-water rescue experience
- Boat or kayaks
- Carry and know how to use a VHF radio and tow system.
- Have strong self and group rescue skills.
- Hi-vis clothing, helmet and vest PFD.
CHECK OUT OUR OTHER 2021 RACES:
- Past: Seattle Race Series – 5 Bridges Race – Jan 17, 2021
- Feb 27 – Elks Crossing Benevolent Benefit to help the Ballard Elks Lodge. 6 miles.
- March 28 – Seattle Race Series – Montlake Cut Race to Webster Point RT
- April 24 – Deception Pass Challenge Spring Race – New Course to Hope Island RT
- June 13 – Wanda Fuca Downwinder, Port Angeles – 10am. (13.5 miles))
- December 4 – Deception Pass Challenge (Dash)
OTHER PNW 2021 RACES SERIES
Ballard Elks Paddling Club – Summer Monday Night Fundraiser Series