Lake Crescent Paddling Race - Sept 25th 2022
Lake Crescent Paddling Race – 10am – Sept 25th 2022
The Lake Crescent Paddling Race is a 10 mile course on beautiful Lake Crescent in Olympic National Park. Enjoy epic views of Pyramid Mountain and the historic Lake Crescent Lodge.
Lake Crescent is known for its clear turquoise colored water, blue Beardsly trout, beautiful Marymere Falls (near the race start) and cedar, fir and big leaf maple forest line shores.
The Lake is on Highway 101 and approx 28 minutes west of Port Angeles, WA and 3 hours from Seattle.
Starting at the Barnes Point / Storm King boat ramp near the historic Lake Crescent Lodge leading west up the lake towards Maple Point, then east towards the Log Cabin Resort, to East Shore Beach, west past Sledgehammer Point and back to the boat ramp. Hopefully it’s a downwinder! Wind waves can get big on the lake!
Open to all human powered paddling craft – Row, SUP, kayak, surf ski, outrigger, prone, peddle.
** REGISTRATION OPENS SUMMER 2022
2021 AWARDS: Barhop Brewing $100 / The Rail Cafe $100 / Sound Bikes and Kayaks / KAVU $150 / Seattle Sports Co $75
RATES: 1p $60/ 2p $70. *Rates Go Up: Sept 17th – 1p $70 / 2p $80
Masks required to be worn on land.
Park at the Storm King Ranger Station / Marymere Falls lot. Located 22 min west of Port Angeles along Highway 101. Approx 3 hours from Seattle.
Lodging / Travel Info
See my Port Angeles ‘PA’ Travel Guide – with tips for lodging, food, beer and recreational opportunities
Terms and Conditions
NOTE – Regardless of Circumstances:
- Refunds cannot be issued. Cancelled fees will be donated to the Feiro Marine Life Center in Port Angeles
- Tickets can be transferred between participants only if our registration receives the data prior to race.
- Tickets cannot be deferred to next year
- $500 no-refundable protest filing fee
Following current WA State Outdoor Rec Phase Guidelines, we are allowed to launch a wave of racers every minute for 100 racers. Slowest craft start first.
Olympic National Park – Lake Crescent Map
VERY IMPORTANT – Covid-19 Safety Measures in Place.
- Registrants will be sent at Zoom link for our Pre-Safety Meeting and prize drawing.
- Masks will be required to be worn in the parking lot and shore areas and by safety crew on-water when in close contact with participants.
- You will be assigned a start time for your heat. Aside from the first (slower craft heat), all heats will be set by type of water craft.
- Please follow our onsite guidelines to stay distanced on shore and when entering the water. Stay clear of the start area if your heat isn’t immediately.
- Do not attend if you’re feeling sick and/or have a temp. No refund permitted if so.
- Must be able to finish course in 3.5 hours
- Open to most human powered paddling and rowing craft.
- All racers are required to wear a life jacket. No pfd for prone paddle boards. PFD on boat for rowers / 6-person canoes.
- SUPs are additionally required to wear a leash.
- All participants must know how to swim and be in good physical shape.
- Hi-vis colors recommended so you can be easily seen by our safety staff and boaters. Recommend carrying a tethered waterproofed phone or VHF radio.
CHECK OUT OUR OTHER 2022 RACES:
- Jan 16, Elks Crossing Benevolent Benefit
- Feb 15 – Seattle Ship Canal race
- April 2 – Deception Pass Challenge Spring Race – New Course to Hope Island RT
- May 14 or 15 Hammer the Inlet, Hammersley Inlet tidal race
- July 25 – Bremerton 2 Bridges Tidal Race
- July 30 – Wanda Fuca Downwinder, Port Angeles – 10am. (13.5 miles))
- December 10 – 6 mile race in tidal rapids – Deception Pass Challenge (Dash)
OTHER PNW 2021 RACES SERIES
Ballard Elks Paddling Club – Summer Monday Night Fundraiser Series