Kenmore Air Seaplane SUP Trips
Imagine leaving the city and taking off from Lake Union in a floatplane to one of several epic locations on Puget Sound, having lunch, paddle board in a beautiful cove or around an island, then flying home! Kenmore Air and I have teamed up to provide you with easy floatplane SUP trips to beautiful places in the San Juan Islands, Hood Canal, Puget Sound and Olympic Peninsula.
All of these destinations are in my paddling guide, Kayaking Puget Sound and the San Juans, 60 Trips by Mountaineers Books.
How it Works:
- Call Kenmore Air and ask about Picnic Charter SUP Trips for rates, scheduling and other travel details.
- Choose a destination (see below). Custom locations not listed here ok (Ask Kenmore Air).
- Choose a date.
- Meet your seaplane at Lake Union and fly out to your destination.
- When you arrive at your location, you’ll have a sack lunch before or after your paddle.
- I’ll be waiting with paddle boards to take you on a tour of your destination. Your gear will include stable boards, paddles, lifejackets, leashes, paddling clothing if cooler and deck bags to carry extra stuff or your lunch.
- After your tour and/or lunch you’ll fly back to Seattle!
- Sucia Island – Sucia is in a small archipelago north of Orcas Island in the San Juans Islands.
- Alderbrook Resort – In Union on Hood Canal. Enjoy Olympic Mountain views and oysters! Resort link.
- Dabob Bay – On the northwest corner of Hood Canal, enjoy quiet shores, oysters and views.
- Salisbury Point – Located by Port Gamble, enjoy views of the Hood Canal Bridge and the Olympic Mountains.
- Port Angeles – On the Olympic Peninsula, we’ll shuttle to Freshwater Bay or Salt Creek for an epic coastal tour.
- Port Townsend – Enjoy Victorian architecture, a historic lighthouse and Mt Baker views.
- Cutts Island @ Kopachuck State Park – Paddle around this cool island in the South Sound (Pictured here)
- Blake Island – Circumnavigate this forested island within sight of Seattle with mountain views and quiet beaches.
Skill Prerequisites: NONE
All Levels. These trips are open to all levels of paddlers from ‘never tried it’ beginners to intermediate and beyond.
“I’ve had many SUP, surfing (and beyond) lessons world-wide but I haven’t found an expert in the area that compares to Rob’s level of quality experience, competency and teaching skills. Rob emphasizes safety first and caters to each individuals personal learning style in delivering quality instruction to paddlers of all levels. He truly went above and beyond and has set the bar extremely high for a business model that I hope to mirror. I will definitely return to him for further training.”
“Rob is an expert in SUP and offers even more relevant training and helpful information because of his background in kayaking. His skill, knowledge and expertise exceeded my expectations. He presented the information and training in a very clear and concise manner; adding many various tips throughout his instruction. Rob is encouraging, patient and practical – all very important traits when teaching a subject. The course more than met my needs – I learned a lot and as a beginner – I have a lot to learn. I will continue to turn to him as my ‘go to’ resource in all matters SUP. I’m extremely glad I chose Salmon Bay Paddle and Rob for my first professional training in SUP. I felt safe and confident with him the whole time.”