Kayak Rolling Class
Covid-19 Update: SBP is open to individual and small groups for Phase 2. We’ll maintain a 6′ distance on shore and on-water, recommended mask use on shore. All gear is always cleaned.
*** Pools are open for Phase 3 (Covid-19). We’re looking into options. ** If you don’t require warm water to learn, get in touch.
Kayak Rolling Class
This kayak rolling class will build your confidence and prepare you for paddling anywhere, especially in rough water and surf.
You will learn the combat roll from one of our patient expert coaches who will help with outfitting your boat for a better fit as well as teaching methods for building confidence for learning how to roll.
If you already have experience rolling and want to improve your skills and/or learn a combat roll for whitewater, tidal rapids and/or surf, we can help!
Location: Shilshole Bay in Seattle or a Pool TBA
We provide toasty cold water paddling clothing as well!
Core Skills You’ll Gain
- Find out how to outfit your kayak with a snug comfortable fit which is required for a successful roll
- Learn the building blocks of learning to roll which are essential for rolling
- Learn how to be comfortable upside down with one of our patient expert coaches
- Find out about different methods of rolling, there’s several methods!
- If you’re having difficulty learning to roll or struggling do so in a specific boat, we can help!
- If this is a refresher roll class for you or you want your off side we can get you back up to speed and rolling!
- Experienced paddlers can learn new methods of rolling including the essential re-entry and roll method
- Learn how to roll on both sides, which is very important in rough water
- Find how to do the combat roll for surf, rivers, high wind and tidal rapids.
Location: Pool OR if you don’t mind cold water (50F) then contact us. We do have hoods and helmets.
Duration: 4 – 1 Hour Days for beginners. Custom duration for those seeking a refresher or off-side roll. Learn at your own pace.
Schedule: Contact me to schedule
Instructor to Student Ratio: 1:1 / 1:2 / 1:4
Instructor Follow-up: Your coach will send you a summary of skills you learned in class. Additional kayak or sup classes take $10 off. *Join the SBP FB Alumni Group to connect with other paddlers.
1. One Session – You Know How to Roll and Need a Refresher (3hrs):
1 Person Lesson: (1-1): 273
2 Person Rate: 159 per person
Group Class (3-4 Students): 133 per person
+ ADD RENTAL GEAR: $20 – 5/4mm or 4/3mm wetsuit, hood, booties & gloves.
2. You’re New to Rolling (Four 1.5 hour Sessions):
1 Person Lesson (1-1): 597
2 Person Rate: 279 per person
Private Group Class (3-4 Students): 223 per person
+ Add Rental Gear:
- Stable Sea kayak, paddle, pump, spray skirt, PFD (life vest) – ($55 per person)
- Full 4/3mm or 5/4mm wetsuit, booties, hood, gloves – ($30 per person)
Alumni/Repeat Classes: $10 off per person.
Skill Prerequisites: Advanced Beginner thru Advanced
You should have basic swimming skills and be comfortable with your head underwater. You should know how to wet-exit and re-enter your kayak. You will be wearing a vest life jacket. We can supply all gear including toasty cold water paddling clothing and hoods.