Seattle SUP Team Building and Group Activities
We offer small group (capacity 11 people) stand up paddling team building group activities to some of Washington’s most exciting waterways such as Deception Pass, the San Juan Islands and the Washington coast.
We can also do large group events up to 300-400 people with our partner Agua Verde Paddle Club who can provide both kayaks and SUPs.
Trips are led by our PSUPA certified instructors. Safety and your positive experience is our priority. We require vest life jackets, leashes (on sups) for all participants. Our guides are friendly and professional.
Sample Small Group Trips
- Deception Pass – Learn the basics of SUP on flat water then safely shoot the swift tidal rapids of the Pass. Intimidating at first, learning to paddle the Pass teaches leadership, confidence, boosts self-esteem and is amazing exercise with epic scenery!
- Surf Camp – Learning to surf increases confidence, promotes a sense of accomplishment and demonstrates how persistence and sticking with a task leads to success. SUP surfing is also great exercise and super fun! Can include regular surfing.
- Day or Overnight Paddling Trips – Learn how to pack and outfit paddle boards for trips. Plan a route using marine navigation, weather, tides and currents. Learn how to paddle safely and efficiently while safely negotiating boating traffic. Overnight trips are self catered unless we paddle to and stay at resort or inn.
- Freighter Surfing in Seattle – Yes you can surf Seattle! Learn how to stand up on a SUP then how to surf small waves on Puget Sound. It’s easier than you’d think and promotes confidence, a sense of accomplishment, persistence and a super fun healthy activity without a long drive to the coast.
- Kenmore Air Charters – We work with Kenmore Air. Plan a charter small group trip to one of their easy to access destinations such as Sucia Island, Blake Island, Dabob Bay, Salisbury Point, Port Angeles and Alderbrook Resort. Or venture to the Inside Passage or outer Washington or BC coasts.
Large Group Trips
These will be arranged through our partner Aqua Verde Paddle Club in Seattle. They can provide group activities up to 400 people on both kayaks and sups.
- Portage Bay and Lake Union in Seattle.
- Other locations – Aqua Verde does have transportation options.
- Have an Idea or location? Let’s discuss.
Compass Outdoor Adventures, Facebook, Agua Verde Paddle Club, Outdoor Research, Kenmore Air, OpenX, GeoTeaming, Evergreen Escapes, Allen Institute of Artificial Intelligence and more.
Skill Prerequisites: NONE
Beginner level. You have had no or limited experience on a board or have limited skills. You aren’t comfortable in bumpy water, have only paddled a few times and/or haven’t fallen off a board yet.
“I’ve had many SUP, surfing (and beyond) lessons world-wide but I haven’t found an expert in the area that compares to Rob’s level of quality experience, competency and teaching skills. Rob emphasizes safety first and caters to each individuals personal learning style in delivering quality instruction to paddlers of all levels. He truly went above and beyond and has set the bar extremely high for a business model that I hope to mirror. I will definitely return to him for further training.”
“Rob is an expert in SUP and offers even more relevant training and helpful information because of his background in kayaking. His skill, knowledge and expertise exceeded my expectations. He presented the information and training in a very clear and concise manner; adding many various tips throughout his instruction. Rob is encouraging, patient and practical – all very important traits when teaching a subject. The course more than met my needs – I learned a lot and as a beginner – I have a lot to learn. I will continue to turn to him as my ‘go to’ resource in all matters SUP. I’m extremely glad I chose Salmon Bay Paddle and Rob for my first professional training in SUP. I felt safe and confident with him the whole time.”