Seattle Team Building and Group Activities
We specialize in small group paddle boarding adventure tours and team building experiences in some of Washington’s most exciting waterways such as Deception Pass, the Coast and the islands of Puget Sound. (Group Capacity: 10)
Sample Group Trips: (See also our regular Tours which can be Customized)
- Deception Pass – Learn the basics of SUP on flat water then safely shoot the swift tidal rapids of the Pass. Intimidating at first, learning to paddle the Pass teaches leadership, confidence, boosts self-esteem and is amazing exercise with epic scenery!
- Custom Surf Camp – Learning to surf increases confidence, promotes a sense of accomplishment and demonstrates how persistence and sticking with a task leads to success. Plus SUP surfing is great exercise and super fun!
- Day or Overnight Paddling Trip – Learn how to pack and outfit SUPS for trips, plan a route using marine navigation, weather and tides/currents. Learn how to paddle safely and efficiently and negotiate boat wakes and wind waves while respecting other boats. Overnight trips will include camping instruction and how to escape the city on a paddling adventure!
- Freighter Surfing in Seattle – Yes you can catch epic surfing waves in Seattle! Learn how to stand up on a SUP then how to surf small waves on Puget Sound. It’s easier than you’d think and promotes confidence, a sense of accomplishment, persistence and a super fun healthy activity without a long drive to the coast.
- Have an Idea? Let’s discuss. – Fun group games and races on a lake or the Sound are another possibility.
All Equipment is Supplied. Ok to bring your own gear. Call us to discuss possibilities!
Tours / Trips are led by PSUPA certified instructors. Safety and your positive experience is our priority.
Clients Have Included: Outdoor Research, Kenmore Air, OpenX, GeoTeaming, Evergreen Escapes, Allen Institute of Artificial Intelligence.
Skill Prerequisites: NONE
Beginner level. You have had no or limited experience on a board or have limited skills. You aren’t comfortable in bumpy water, have only paddled a few times and/or haven’t fallen off a board yet. (If you haven’t fallen, you’re likely not pushing your skills to the next level.)
“I’ve had many SUP, surfing (and beyond) lessons world-wide but I haven’t found an expert in the area that compares to Rob’s level of quality experience, competency and teaching skills. Rob emphasizes safety first and caters to each individuals personal learning style in delivering quality instruction to paddlers of all levels. He truly went above and beyond and has set the bar extremely high for a business model that I hope to mirror. I will definitely return to him for further training.”- Amber W
“Rob is an expert in SUP and offers even more relevant training and helpful information because of his background in kayaking. His skill, knowledge and expertise exceeded my expectations. He presented the information and training in a very clear and concise manner; adding many various tips throughout his instruction. Rob is encouraging, patient and practical – all very important traits when teaching a subject. The course more than met my needs – I learned a lot and as a beginner – I have a lot to learn. I will continue to turn to him as my ‘go to’ resource in all matters SUP. I’m extremely glad I chose Salmon Bay Paddle and Rob for my first professional training in SUP. I felt safe and confident with him the whole time.”- Leah R