Covid-19 & Salmon Bay Paddle
Hey folks – In this unprecedented time one with much uncertainly, I will not be offering regular classes and tours until further notice.
Group activities such as classes and tours are off limits at the moment at least until we are on the other side of this pandemic.
But.. I do have essential online SUP courses you can purchase to learn the basics of stand up paddling and/or refresh or improve your current skills.
My Online SUP Courses
- SUP 101 – Learn the basics from gear and clothing to standing up, turns, falling, remount and paddling straight.
- Intermediate SUP – Learn footwork, the pivot turn, rough water and more.
- Puget Sound Surfing – Find out where and when to surf the Sound. From freighter and tug waves to tidal rapids, power boats and downwinding.
- The SUP Paddle – Learn about the parts of a paddle, design, and how to clean.
- Inflatable SUPs – Find out how to inflate, fix, parts of, pros and cons.
- Marine Navigation – Sailor and paddler Skyler Palmer demonstrates basic navigation for paddlers.
- Water Safety & Rescues
- Learn how to install a fin and leash so you can be self efficient and safer
- Learn to read water so you get there easier with less effort
- SUP isn’t all about standing. Learn to sit, kneel and paddle prone (on chest)
- Learn about the best gear and strokes to prevent shoulder injuries
- Learn how to paddle over boat wakes and in wind so you have more fun
- Learn about gear and clothing options
- Learn how to carry your board so you can be self-sufficient
- We’ll show you how to load and safely secure a SUP to a car
Skill Prerequisites: NONE
Beginner level. You have had no or limited experience on a board or have limited skills. You aren’t comfortable in bumpy water, have only paddled a few times and/or haven’t fallen off a board yet. (If you haven’t fallen, you’re likely not pushing your skills to the next level.)