Signing Up for Classes, Training, and Trips
Follow Directions to Sign-Up:
- Pick a class or tour. Confirm skill pre-requisites to determine if the class/tour is appropriate for your level of experience
- Contact me to discuss a time for the class or tour that fits your schedule.
- Please fill out my Student Information Form and submit before class to ensure you have the right size board, wetsuit and other gear for your class.
- Pay to secure your reservation online here. Please list your Class Title and Date. Pay Here »
- Visit my What to Bring to Class and Directions to Class / Tour Locations pages.
- Sign a Liability Form/Waiver at Class Location.
Full payment required 48hrs prior for 3 hour and half day classes. If you sign up 24 hours before class, you can pay sooner with confirmation with me. Pay 72+ hours prior for PSUPA certifications and longer trips.
- Weather cancellations by instructor are a 100% refund or we can reschedule your class or tour. We will cancel any trips when there are safety concerns such as wind. We don’t cancel for rain.
- Last minute cancellations by customer less than 72hrs of class date will not receive a refund since we will most likely not be able fill that space. Customer cancellations more than 48hrs of class/tour date will receive 50% return.
- If you don’t show up for a class or tour without any notification, you won’t be allowed to work with us again.
- Rescheduling or moving to an alternative location may occur at the discretion of the trip leader.
Looking for a custom experience? Contact me to help you put together a water experience that’s right for you, considering your goals and skill level. And we’ll help determine the most enjoyable paddling location in your area. We also offer custom classes, clinics and tours outside of the Seattle area, which require additional fees.
Gift Certificates Available. Contact me for information.
Personal Offsite Rentals: I don’t offer gear rentals. See our Resources page for reliable local rental locations.
See my FAQs section for answers to commonly asked questions!
Your Safety and Enjoyment is our Priority
“I've gone SUP on my own a few times but felt I might be lacking in some basics. I got a lesson from Rob and it exceeded my expectations by a long shot.
Not only does he give all the strokes you may need in various situations, I also learned about equipment, safety, tides and currents, how to transport and hold my board. Little things that made a huge difference because I'm prepared in every area. Now I can just concentrate on having fun when I hit the water."
"I learned not only how to improve my paddling skills but also how to read the water better, how to train more efficiently and most importantly not to forget to look up and enjoy being on the water.
If you are in the market for a lesson I would highly recommend Rob."
"Rob’s personalized instruction greatly improved my skills and gave me the confidence to become fully immersed in stand up paddling.
There are plenty of SUP classes out there, most with very large groups and not a lot of one-on-one time. Rob’s classes are small and customized to suit your specific needs and perfect for those who really want to learn the ins and outs of the Pacific NW’s perfect sport."