Seventy48 Race Training
Signed up for the Seventy48 but not sure what to do or how to get there? I can help relieve your confusion of how to tackle this epic race. My methodology for racing is paddle smarter not harder. My 2018 Seventy48 team name is Salmon Bay Paddle. Also check out my blog for Seventy48 tips.
Schedule: You have two options – Take one of my clinics which I’ll be offering throughout the Spring. OR if you’re not in the NW or prefer 1-1 instruction, you can sign up for a phone or in-person 1-1 consultation session.
Location: Classroom sessions will be held in Seattle. On-water sessions may be in Seattle, Deception Pass and the Strait of Juan de Fuca.
Who Should Sign Up: You have been accepted as a participant in the Seventy48, or you’re thinking about signing up.
Consulting Session Details
What You’ll Learn and Walk Away With:
- Choosing the best local tide, traffic and weather forecasting tools for reliable real time data
- Assistance with your route options using current, wind and waves to your advantage
- How to paddle at night safely staying on track and off the news
- Developing a successful fitness program by working with a local fitness trainer and physical therapist
- Safety – Choosing communication devices, signaling, backup plans and the right paddling buddy
- How to outfit your paddling craft and pack for an overnight trip
- Developing a nutrition and hydration plan
- Recommended pre-race paddle training to make sure you’re prepared
- Where to camp and take breaks along the race route
- Traveling to the area? I can assist with finding local resources for your trip
Consulting Session Rates
- Hourly: First 10min free. Then 125 – 2 hour minimum. Additional hours per session or post session @ $150 (phone and/or email.)
- Monthly: 600. Includes two 1 hr phone chats and unlimited emails.
- Hourly: 115 – 2 hour minimum. Additional hours per session or post session $125 (phone and/or email.)
- Monthly: 500. Includes two 1 hr phone chats and unlimited emails.
“Rob is an expert in SUP and offers even more relevant training and helpful information because of his background in kayaking. His skill, knowledge and expertise exceeded my expectations. He presented the information and training in a very clear and concise manner; adding many various tips throughout his instruction. Rob is encouraging, patient and practical – all very important traits when teaching a subject. The course more than met my needs – I learned a lot and as a beginner – I have a lot to learn. I will continue to turn to him as my ‘go to’ resource in all matters SUP. I’m extremely glad I chose Salmon Bay Paddle and Rob for my first professional training in SUP. I felt safe and confident with him the whole time.”- Leah R