Stand Up Paddle Race Training
Learn how to train and paddle for short to ultra-length races. You’ll learn about the best gear, how to start fast, rock your buoy turns and handle any type of water and for your next race. I can also help you train for coastal, river and downwind races.
Core Skills You’ll Gain
(Classes will be customized to your needs)
- Learn which board will be best for you to be efficient yet stable
- Stroke analysis for your forward stroke so you paddle smarter vs harder
- How to read water which will give you an advantage over other paddlers
- How to start, stay stable and make your mark in the first few feet
- Get smarter skills for buoy turns to blow away your competition
- How to stay stable in rough water with boat wakes, wind and reverb
- Training for short to long distance races including the Seventy48
- Doing a downwind race at Maliko or Hood River? Learn how to prep for these runs.
Skill Prerequisites: Level 2 Advanced Beginner
You are relaxed standing on a board, know how to paddle straight, have directional control, and can fall off and get back on your board. Some experience paddling with boat wakes or wind waves. Contact me for a SUP Basics 1 or 2 class if you don’t think you have these skills or would like to improve your basic skills.