Stand Up Paddle Race Training
Race Training – Races 1 to 6 miles
Core Skills You’ll Gain
(Classes will be customized to your needs)
- Learn which board and paddle will be best for you to be efficient yet stable
- Stroke analysis for your forward stroke so you paddle smarter vs harder
- How to read water which will give you an advantage over other paddlers
- How to start, stay stable and make your mark in the first few feet of the race
- Get smarter skills for buoy turns to blow away your competition
- Perfect your pivot and cross bow turns
- How to stay stable in rough water at the start and with boat wakes, wind and reverb
- Doing a downwind race at Maliko or Hood River? Learn how to prep for these runs.
- How to read water for more successful racing and paddling on Shilshole Bay.
- Rough water paddling skills – Paddling over boat wakes, wind waves and in current.
- Race hydration, nutrition and cross training tips.
Skill Prerequisites: Level 2 Advanced Beginner
You are relaxed standing on a board, know how to paddle straight, have directional control, and can fall off and get back on your board. Some experience paddling with boat wakes or wind waves. Contact me for a SUP Basics 1 or 2 class if you don’t think you have these skills or would like to improve your basic skills.