SUP Basics Level 2
Ready to go to the next level? Then SUP Basics 2 is for you. I will make you faster, more stable and achieve your goals easier with finesse while staying injury free. This class can be customized to your goals and interests.
If you’re not sure if you’re a fit for SUP Basics 2, SUP Basics 1 is more comprehensive than any basic SUP class you’ve ever taken. There’s no doubt you’ll learn skills you haven’t learned before. I teach to each student individually and have a strong focus on safety.
Core Skills You’ll Gain
(Lessons will be customized to your needs)
- Stroke Analysis – Refine your forward stroke
- Buoy turns, crossbow, pivot turn, draw strokes
- Footwork – Learn or refine your skills for walking on the board
- Rescues – Flip rescue, pull-up and push rescues and towing
- Gear safety – In depth discussion into off shore paddling concepts and gear
- How to read water to make you paddle more efficiently. Paddle smarter not harder
- Rough water skills – Waves, balance, paddling in current, wind and reverb
- Focus on specific skills such as downwinding, racing, boat wake surfing (not freighters).
- What do you want to learn?
“I had a bit of time in Seattle and signed up for this class having never done a class before. I was able to set my own time with Rob, the owner. In short, Rob is an excellent teacher. He was extraordinarily thorough and responsible about going over all the basics about skills and safety before we ever got out on the water.”
I conquered several fears paddling in currents and surfing waves and owe it to Rob, where safety and professional instructions are Salmon Bay Paddle’s top priorities!
I’ve been paddling on flat water for about a year and thought I was pretty good. Then Rob patiently explained how to make my paddling more efficient, how to deal with swells and choppy water and how to be more comfortable and safe on the board. In one hour, I became a much better paddler. If SUP is new to you or if you’ve been at it for a while, Rob will help you have more fun on a paddle board.
“I wanted to pull two visiting teenage girls out of their comfort zone of shopping, make-up and Netflix. Having personally taken lessons with Rob a couple years ago, I contacted him to see if we could arrange something. Instructor Joe McColskey, a former high school teacher and personal trainer was up to the challenge. The girls really enjoyed their SUP Basics session.”
“Rob is a fantastic stand up paddle board instructor. His knowledge of the sport and the local waters is remarkable. I’ve been out for a couple of lessons with him now and I’ve learned a lot and become a better paddler each time. I especially appreciate his commitment to safety and doing things the right way. He’s also just a good dude and I highly recommend him to anyone interested in SUP.”