Surf Camp on the Washington Coast
In two and a half days you’ll learn how to read waves, determine which beach is best for your skill level, which gear to buy and how to catch and successfully ride waves. Surfing takes time to master and water time with our expert instruction will help you get there. 100% of our students catch waves on their first day. Our individualized personable instruction will allow you to learn at your own pace with friendly professional instructors. Instructor to student ratio 1:3. We teach to your skill level and will break the class into two groups for different skill levels.
Camp or stay in a cabin next to beautiful wilderness beaches. A great escape! Bring the family – Lots of beach walks, bicycling, scenic drives and local hikes in nearby Shi Shi Beach at Olympic National Park.
Watch Video from our September 2015 Camp!
Surf Camp Daily Schedule
- Friday – 6:00-9pm – We meet, discuss our goals for the weekend then hit the water to access everyone’s ability.
- Saturday – 7:30am – Discussion of surf basics, etiquette, safety and equipment.
- 8:00 – 10:00am – Learn to paddle out, find the line-up, and look for and surf waves.
- 10:00am – We’ll take a break and discuss what you’ve learned thus far.
- 10:30am – Learn turning and anything you want to improve from your morning session.
- Noon – Lunch.
- 1:00-3:00pm – Continue to work on new skills and how to catch waves easier.
- 3:00pm – Break to discuss the afternoon thus far.
- 3:30-5pm – Surf till end of day.
- 6-7pm – Optional group dinner in town and review of day’s class of free surf!
- 8-9:00pm – Optional group discussion on surf forecasting.
- Sunday – 7:30am to Noon – Review of Saturday’s skills
- Noon – Lunch.
- 1pm – 5pm free surf with light instruction.
Skill Prerequisites: Advanced beginner and above.
Level 1+. You have taken our SUP Basics 1 and/or 2 classes. And/OR you can paddle straight, turn easily, fall and climb back on without any problem. You are also comfortable paddling on bumpy water from boat wakes and/or wind.
“SBP’s surf camp provided a variety of truly awesome experiences including taking my surf skills to the next level and stunning coastal paddling adventures when the waves were too small. Rob will teach to your level while challenging you to the next. Safety and etiquette are also taught so students become good SUP stewards in the community.”Brittany Foxley, 2016