SUP Basics Level 2
Ready to go to the next level? Then SUP Basics 2 is for you. I will make you faster, more stable and show you how to get there easier with finesse and injury free. This class also can be customized to your goals and interests.
If you’re not sure if you’re a fit for SUP Basics 1 or 2, SUP Basics 1 is more comprehensive than any basic SUP class you’ve ever taken. There’s no doubt that I will teach you skills and paddling techniques you haven’t learned before. I teach to each student individually.
Core Skills You’ll Gain
(Lessons will be customized to your needs)
- Stroke Analysis – Refine your forward stroke
- Buoy turns, crossbow, pivot turn, draw strokes
- Footwork – Learn or refine your skills for walking on the board
- Rescues – Flip rescue, pull-up and push rescues and towing
- Gear safety – In depth discussion into off shore paddling concepts and gear
- Racing class focus skills upon request
- How to read water to make you paddle more efficiently. Paddle smarter not harder
- Rough water skills – Waves, balance, down winding, current, wind, reverb
- Touring gear, pre-trip prep and strategies
- What do you want to improve or learn?
Skill Prerequisites: SUP Basics 1
You are relaxed standing on a board, have some directional control, and can fall off and get back on your board.
“I had a bit of time in Seattle and signed up for this class having never done a class before. I was able to set my own time with Rob, the owner. In short, Rob is an excellent teacher. He was extraordinarily thorough and responsible about going over all the basics about skills and safety before we ever got out on the water.”
I conquered several fears paddling in currents and surfing waves and owe it to Rob, where safety and professional instructions are Salmon Bay Paddle’s top priorities!
“I wanted to pull two visiting teenage girls out of their comfort zone of shopping, make-up and Netflix. Having personally taken lessons with Rob a couple years ago, I contacted him to see if we could arrange something. Instructor Joe McColskey, a former high school teacher and personal trainer was up to the challenge. The girls really enjoyed their SUP Basics session. We only signed up for the 1.5 hour course, but I think they easily could have done a bit more.”