Tidal Rapids SUP Class in Deception Pass
SBP is now open to individual and small groups (4p max) people.
Paddling is a naturally distanced activity and great for much exercise and fresh air. We’ll maintain a 6′ distance on shore and on-water, recommended mask use on shore. All gear is always cleaned.
Learn the basics of river paddling in this SUP class in Deception Pass State Park. Saltwater tidal rapids will prepare you for exploring on Puget Sound, the San Juan Islands, the Inside Passage and will build your overall skills.
For many, Deception Pass looks scary and untouchable. I will share with you how to read the water, understand the currents and know when to be in the Pass for the best paddling and surfing.
You’ll paddle with harbor seals, see bald eagles, possible orca sightings and enjoy majestic views of the San Juan Islands, Olympic Peninsula and on a clear day, Victoria BC.
Watch this class on King 5 TV’s Evening Magazine, 5/2016.
Check out my article in SUP Magazine on How to SUP – Tidal Rapid SUP’ing
Core Skills You’ll Gain
- How to forecast marine weather, tides, and currents so you can plan your own trips to the Pass
- Learn to paddle with control and confidence in swift current and rough water
- Learn River SUP skills – peeling in/out of current, ferrying, and rescues in current
- I’ll help you choose the best best gear for river paddling so you stay warm and comfortable
- If conditions are right, we’ll surf standing waves in the Pass!
- Paddling the Pass will help you have the skills to plan trips on Puget Sound and the San Juan Islands
* Bonus Mini DP Guide sent to all students after class explaining currents, best apps and how it works in the Pass so you can paddle there on your own.