The experts at Salmon Bay Paddle have contributed to a variety of media outlets including:
- By The Shore — (Sasquatch Books, 2018) – Freighter Wave Surfing listed as NW activity (pg 51).
Magazine + Newspaper
- BuzzFeed — Mention of Salmon Bay Paddle in story about the Ballard Elks, May 2016.
- Seattle Weekly — “Getting Wet is Part of the Fun,” as part of ConnectClasses, June 2, 2016
- Alaska Air — Mention of Salmon Bay Paddle in in-flight magazine, 2015
- Boston Globe — 2014, Mention of Rob in article on ‘Best Places to Go Stand Up Paddling”
- Seattle Times — Bioluminence Tours article listing Salmon Bay Paddle in, 2013.
- The Inertia – How Tug and Freighter Waves Made Seattle My Surf Town, 2018
- Outdoors NW – 5 NW Paddling Destinations, 2018
- Seattle Magazine – Freighter Wave Surfing, May 2018
- NW Yachting Magazine – SUP in the NW, 2018
- Click here to hear podcasts featuring or including Rob
- “The Genesis of a Stand Up Paddling Community”
- “Rob Casey, Reading the Water”
- Spring 2016, Kenmore Air in-flight Magazine – Kayaking in the San Juan Islands
- REI.com – How to Choose a Paddleboard
- SUP magazine – Instruction tips, NW SUP travel, event coverage, photos and more 2008 – Present.
- Canoe Kayak Magazine – NW paddling events, NW travel, Pygmy Kayaks story, NW paddler profiles & gear reviews
- Tug Wave Surfing article in Canoe Kayak Magazine 5/6/15
- ‘How to do the Pivot Turn‘ Article and video Rob wrote for online e-zine, Paddling.net
- “Should SUP be part of your wellness routine?” Read the article Rob wrote for Caldera Spa’s newslette
- Article on SUP in The Wall Street Journal Rob contributed to, 2014
- Waggoner’s NW Boating – 2 articles on the benefits of SUPs for boaters
- Curbed Seattle
- SUP Connect
- Stand Up Journal
- Distressed Mullet
Our Expert Instructors Put Your Safety and Enjoyment First
“I've gone SUP on my own a few times but felt I might be lacking in some basics. I got a lesson from Rob and it exceeded my expectations by a long shot.
Not only does he give all the strokes you may need in various situations, I also learned about equipment, safety, tides and currents, how to transport and hold my board. Little things that made a huge difference because I'm prepared in every area. Now I can just concentrate on having fun when I hit the water."- Sean F
"I learned not only how to improve my paddling skills but also how to read the water better, how to train more efficiently and most importantly not to forget to look up and enjoy being on the water.
If you are in the market for a lesson I would highly recommend Rob."- Troy Nebecker, Bellevue
"Rob’s personalized instruction greatly improved my skills and gave me the confidence to become fully immersed in stand up paddling.
There are plenty of SUP classes out there, most with very large groups and not a lot of one-on-one time. Rob’s classes are small and customized to suit your specific needs and perfect for those who really want to learn the ins and outs of the Pacific NW’s perfect sport."- Paul Edmonson, Seattle