How We're Unique
- Owner Rob Casey will work with all body types, ages and skill levels from beginners to advanced ages 10 and up. Good balance or fitness not required.
- Strong focus on safety. Rob requires that all students wear a vest style lifejacket and leash. Rob is trained in all aspects of paddling, rescue, marine weather and boating navigation so you have the best experience possible.
- Most lessons are Private so you receive the most attention and highest level of instruction possible.
- High Instructor to Student Ratio. 2:6 for flat water and 2:4 for surf, river and open water classes and tours. Rob’s co-instructors assist on large classes to provide more safety and personalized instruction.
- Learn Freighter & Tug Wave surfing in Seattle Spring to early Fall.
- The local Ballard Elks Monday evening SUP races give you the opportunity to meet other paddlers and improve your skills on a regular basis. The Elks donate all proceeds to the Elks Scholarship Fund at the end of the season. Rob and his partner Christy started the race in 2011.
- Rob stays in touch with his customers with a weekly newsletter and help them choose gear and build skills so they can get to their next level.
- Rob offers PSUPA Instructor Training and certification courses plus staff training and SUP business consulting.
- Rob supports the community by offering SUP races throughout the year that benefit various charities like the MS Society, Heroes on the Water and the Ballard Elks Lodge #827 Scholarship Fund.
- Rob has a strong environmental commitment supporting several organizations such as the Washington Water Trails Association, Puget SoundKeepers, Stand4Greatbear and the North Olympic Land Trust.
- Rob provides high quality equipment from Imagine, Amundsen, MTI, NorthWater, NRS, Accent, Werner Paddles, SplinterSUP and Gath helmets
“Rob’s knowledge of surfing, safety, and his overall SUP skills helped me advance through coaching and immediate feedback boosting my confidence and ability level. I’m hooked on SUPing! I would have locked in poor habits and likely injured my back or shoulders had I not taken a lesson in my first season of regularly paddling. Rob has years of experience and gladly passes on what he has learned for the safety and fun of all SUP enthusiasts who meet him.”
Your Safety and Enjoyment is our Priority
“I've gone SUP on my own a few times but felt I might be lacking in some basics. I got a lesson from Rob and it exceeded my expectations by a long shot.
Not only does he give all the strokes you may need in various situations, I also learned about equipment, safety, tides and currents, how to transport and hold my board. Little things that made a huge difference because I'm prepared in every area. Now I can just concentrate on having fun when I hit the water."
"I learned not only how to improve my paddling skills but also how to read the water better, how to train more efficiently and most importantly not to forget to look up and enjoy being on the water.
If you are in the market for a lesson I would highly recommend Rob."
"Rob’s personalized instruction greatly improved my skills and gave me the confidence to become fully immersed in stand up paddling.
There are plenty of SUP classes out there, most with very large groups and not a lot of one-on-one time. Rob’s classes are small and customized to suit your specific needs and perfect for those who really want to learn the ins and outs of the Pacific NW’s perfect sport."