How We're Unique
- Owner Rob Casey will work with all body types, ages and skill levels from beginners to advanced ages 10 and up. Good balance or fitness not required.
- Strong focus on safety. Rob requires that all students wear a vest style lifejacket and leash. Rob is trained in all aspects of paddling, rescue, marine weather and boating navigation so you have the best experience possible.
- Most lessons and tours are small groups and can be privates so you receive the most attention and highest level of instruction possible.
- High Instructor to Student Ratio. 2:6 for flat water and 2:4 for surf, river and open water classes and tours. Rob’s co-instructors assist on large classes to provide more safety and personalized instruction.
- Learn Freighter & Tug Wave surfing in Seattle Spring to early Fall.
- The local Ballard Elks Monday evening SUP races give you the opportunity to meet other paddlers and improve your skills on a regular basis. The Elks donate all proceeds to the Elks Scholarship Fund at the end of the season. Rob and his partner Christy started the race in 2011.
- Rob stays in touch with his customers with a weekly newsletter and help them choose gear and build skills so they can get to their next level.
- Rob offers PSUPA Instructor Training and certification courses plus staff training and SUP business consulting.
- Rob supports the community by offering SUP races throughout the year that benefit various charities like the MS Society, Heroes on the Water and the Ballard Elks Lodge #827 Scholarship Fund.
- Rob has a strong environmental commitment supporting several organizations such as the Washington Water Trails Association, Puget SoundKeeper, Stand4Greatbear and the North Olympic Land Trust.
- Rob provides high quality equipment from Imagine, Amundsen, MTI, NorthWater, NRS, Accent, Werner Paddles and Gath helmets
- Rob’s weekly newsletter provides SUP tips, Salish Sea environmental news and updates on classes and tours. Join the newsletter below.
- The SBP alumni Facebook page is an opportunity for alumni to connect and to provide info on last minute clinics and paddles.
“Rob’s knowledge of surfing, safety, and his overall SUP skills helped me advance through coaching and immediate feedback boosting my confidence and ability level. I’m hooked on SUPing! I would have locked in poor habits and likely injured my back or shoulders had I not taken a lesson in my first season of regularly paddling. Rob has years of experience and gladly passes on what he has learned for the safety and fun of all SUP enthusiasts who meet him.”