– Avoid putting sunscreen on your forehead. If you sweat it’ll drip into you eyes and burn. Ouch.
– Wash your hands after putting sunscreen on, otherwise end up with a slippery paddle shaft.
– Wax your rails (near deck) to add grip when climbing on, especially in bumps.
– Wax your paddle shaft for a better grip.
– Hydrate before going out. If you’re thirsty have a few sips. I get migraines if I don’t hydrate properly, so keep it flowing throughout. I also use electrolyte tablets such as NUUN to help out.