Our 2018 SUP Races
March 24 – St Paddles Day Race – Alderbrook Resort on Hood Canal. This is a 6 mile and 3 mile race for all paddling craft. Super fun race fully supported by the resort. And the only race with a glass enclosed hot tub and steam room the race start. The resort goes all out and has a band, t-shirt, food and beer. Race participants receive a hotel discount. Fee usually is $10 or less. Ok to show up race day to register.
May 7 – 7th Annual Monday Night Ballard Race Series (May – Sept) 1.5-3m race, with varying courses and conditions. Open to all paddling craft, 7pm start, register in the Ballard Elks parking lot. $5 entry and we post race hydrate at the Elks balcony after. In 2017, we raised $3k for the Ballard Elks Vocational Scholarship Fund. *This year the Ballard Elks Paddling Club will be running the race going forward.
October 27 – Halloween Race – Super fun race in full costumes held at the Ballard Elks. We have a 6m and 1.5m course. The 6m course goes around West Point. Race proceeds are donated to the Ballard Elks Scholarship Fund. We raised $800 in 2017.
Other PNW Races
Urban Surf Summer SUP Series
3m course on 6 Wednesday evenings on Lake Union July – August
The Sound Rowers welcome all paddlers to their many annual races that are held from Westport and Seattle to Wenatchee.
Here’s a list of their 2018 Races..
- 2/3 LaConner – Swinomish Slough to Goat Island, RT
- 3/10 Bellingham Bay
- 4/21 Jetty Island/Everett
- 5/5 Lake Whatcom Classic (Bellingham)
- 5/12 Commencement Bay (Tacoma )
- 6/23 Rat Island (Port Townsend)
- 7/14 Lake Sammamish
- 7/28 Elk River (Westport) – this could be very cool and a different pov of Westport.
- 8/4 Shaw Island – A circumnavigation in the San Juan Islands.
- 8/25 Great Cross Sound (West Seattle) – Alki to Bainbridge and back!
- 9/8 Bainbridge Island
- 9/15 Budd Inlet (Olympia)
- 9/22 Lake Samish (Bellingham)
- 9/29 Wenatchee – Columbia River!
- 10/6 Mercer Island (Seattle)