Learn the basics of SUP in three 2 hour classes and a full day testing your new skills in the tidal rapids of beautiful Deception Pass State Park. You’ll finish the class as a Level 2 intermediate paddler with the ability to paddle in waves, wind and in river current.
Held on Shilshole Bay and Deception Pass State Park, you’ll see harbor seals, sea lions, bald eagles, sea life and Olympic Mountain vistas.
Who Should Take This Class? Beginners or experienced paddlers seeking comprehensive instruction to improve your skills.
- How to stand up with confidence on flat first then bumpy water
- Balance and bracing techniques to stay stable in any conditions
- Several turns – Sweeps, pivot/buoy and crossbow
- Paddling equipment. You’ll try different boards from surf style to racing and touring boards
- How to carry and car-top your board
- How to install a fin and leash.
- How to outfit your board for trips
- A fast, powerful and efficient yet injury free forward stroke
- How to choose paddling spots, plan a day trip and outfit your board
- Marine weather forecasting and basic navigation
- Water safety and rescues. Learn the flip rescue and others.
- How to safely fall off and easily climb back on your board.
- How to paddle in wind, rough water, with boat wakes and in small surf.
- How to paddle in the river like conditions of Deception Pass. Learn how to enter and leave current, ferry across current, learn to read tide and current charts, how to read the water and surf standing waves.
Format: Three two hour classes on Shilshole Bay and a full day at Deception Pass. Note: We go at your pace and will take breaks, especially during the Deception Pass day.
Class Size: 6 People
Instructor to Student Ratio – 2:6
Location: Shilshole Bay, Seattle and Deception Pass State Park.
Class size – 6 people.
$499 per person – With your own gear
$559 per person. Without your own gear. Cost includes stable board, paddle, PFD (life vest), leash, wetsuit, booties, gloves and helmet for Deception Pass.
One on One (1-1) – Call
April 18, 20, 22, 23
May 16, 18, 20, 21
June 13, 15, 17, 18
July 11. 12. 15. 16
Aug 22, 24, 26, 27
QUESTIONS OR SIGN UP
firstname.lastname@example.org / Tel 206.465.7167