SUP Basics Level 2
Take your skills to the next level! We’ll refine your forward stroke make it as efficient and injury free as possible. Learn an effective cross bow turn and a bombproof pivot turn for racing, surfing or balance practice. We can also plan the class around your goals.
You’ll learn how to comfortably walk on your board and how to use footwork to your advantage for rough water, down winding or surfing.
If conditions are right we’ll paddle in wind, waves and boat wakes and work on techniques for feeling comfortable and how to have fun in dynamic water.
We’ll discuss how to read the water and weather conditions so you make smart decisions on where and when you should paddle and/or plan trips effectively.
We can also work on self and group rescues such as the Flip Rescue, getting back on effectively by yourself, and towing other paddlers.
Looking for a board? Learn on our quality gear from Imagine, Amundsen and Echo Composites. Try our 17′ and 18′ unlimited boards, 12-6 race boards and performance inflatables from Imagine. We’re here to help you make the best decision for your budget, interests and skill level. We have Accent and Werner paddles to demo.
Possible Topics to Learn:
– Refine your Forward Stroke. Paddle straight and injury free.
– Footwork – Learn to walk your board.
– The Pivot Turn – Learn methods for 100% success.
– Cross Bow Turn – Make turning easy.
– Techniques for Paddling upwind and downwind.
– How to paddle over and surf boat wakes
– Paddling in Current – Ferry angles and use of eddies.
– How to Paddle Solo – What to carry & making smart decisions. Are groups safer?
– Rescue Techniques for Paddlers
– Using Displacement Boards – Try our 17′ & 18′ SUPs!
– Smart Paddling Techniques & having a plan
– Racing Skills – Starts, strategy, prep & best gear.
– Introduction to down winding if conditions allow.
– Weather Forecasting and learning to read water.
Video Playback can be used to improve your skills.
Every Student Gets a Class Summary – Rob will send you a summary of the class including strokes covered and tips on improving your paddling. He will stay in touch with you after class to assist with finding affordable paddling equipment, tips on where to paddle in the NW and how to improve your skills.
Who is this class for? Individuals or groups looking to gain a solid foundation of safe and efficient paddling techniques. This is also a great class for experienced paddlers seeking to refine or refresh skills. You will finish with confidence and a solid understanding of basic and intermediate stand up paddling.
Class Size: 1 – 4 People or 1-1
Location: Shilshole Bay, Seattle
Instructor to Student Ratio – 2:4
Schedule: Private only. Contact us to schedule a time.
Group Rate: $135 per person (2 – 6 people). Includes free use of all paddling equipment – Stable board, paddle, leash, lifejacket, booties and wetsuit.
Individual Rate (1-1) $179 – Includes free use of all paddling equipment – Stable board, paddle, leash, lifejacket, booties and wetsuit.
Alumni / Repeat Classes: $10 off per person
Contact us for a time that fits with your schedule.
QUESTIONS OR SIGN UP: email@example.com / Tel 206.465.7167