At Salmon Bay Paddle we provide the highest quality stand up paddling and kayak instruction and educational tours in the Pacific Northwest by certified instructor and author, Rob Casey and our PSUPA certified guides. We’re a mobile business with great equipment, personal service and work with all skill levels.
We offer SUP Instructor training and Certification through the Professional Stand Up Paddle Association (PSUPA). We also do a Monday evening SUP race June – September and co-organize the St Paddles Day Race in March at Alderbrook Resort. In 2015, we’re re-starting the Da Fuca Challenge paddle race in Port Angeles.
Rob is the author of Stand Up Paddling Flat Water to Surf and Rivers and Kayaking Puget Sound. Read more about Rob in our About page. Check out his blog Stoke Magazine which offers paddling and gear tips.
See us in the Media – Read the 2014 article on Inflatable SUPs Rob contributed to in the Wall Street Journal, a story Rob wrote in SUP Magazine on the Seattle SUP Scene and an article mentioning our Olympic Peninsula Tours also in SUP Magazine.
Phone: 206-465-7167. Click here for our calendar. You Deserve a Good Paddle!
WHAT WE OFFER:
- We’re open all year. We provide toasty wetsuits!
- Paddle Board and Kayak Instruction & Tours
- Small Classes with Individulaized Instruction
- We work with all body types, novice to advanced
- Learn to surf in Seattle with our Freighter & Tug Wave Surfing classes.
- Strong Focus on Water Safety
- Expert instruction. All our staff are PSUPA and First Aid/CPR certified.
- All SUP Gear Included at No Cost
- Some classes include a personal summary of techniques covered and skills to work on.
- Photos and/or videos of each class or tour.
WHERE WE PADDLE:
Seattle’s beautiful Shilshole Bay, Deception Pass State Park (Calm water & rapids), Olympic Peninsula and the Washington coast. Custom destinations welcome.
WHO SHOULD TAKE OUR CLASSES?
- You value the highest quality SUP & Kayak instruction.
- Safety is important to you.
- You prefer small classes or private individulaized 1-1 instruction.
- You want to improve your existing skills to become an intermediate or advanced paddler.
- You want to learn to surf, paddle in river current, learn to downwind, and go on overnight trips.
- You’re interested in becoming an instructor and willing to invest your time in building your skills.
WHO SHOULDN’T TAKE OUR CLASSES?
- You’re seeking the lowest cost classes, a deal or a Groupon.
- You don’t want to wear a lifejacket or leash.
- You think SUP is so easy you don’t need a lesson or good instruction.
- We don’t provide Kayak gear. Our Kayak classes/tours are for those with their own gear. We do provide SUP gear.
Check out Rob’s Paddling Guides from Mountaineer’s Books!