Who We Are. We provide personable small group and individual SUP lessons and adventure tours in the Pacific Northwest. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced paddler we can help you get to the next level. Our expert PSUPA certified instructors are friendly, patient, have a strong focus on safety and love what they do. Learn SUP basics to surf, paddling in current, plan overnight trips, and surf Freighter and Tug waves in Seattle. We also offer SUP Instructor Training and Certification through the Professional Stand Up Paddle Association (PSUPA).
We are a Mobile business founded by SUP and Kayak guidebook author Rob Casey. Rob’s books include ‘Stand Up Paddling Flat Water to Surf and Rivers” and “Kayaking Puget Sound.” Visit his Stoke Magazine blog for paddling tips. Listen to Rob talk about Race Strategy on Stand Up Paddle the World Radio. Click to learn more about us.
What Sets Us Apart..
- Our patient certified instructors work with all body types, ages and skill levels from beginners to advanced ages 10 and up. Good balance or fitness not required.
- Strong focus on safety. Read more about our Risk Management practices.
- High Instructor to Student Ratio. 2:6 for flat water and 2:4 for surf, river and open water classes and tours.
- Learn to Freighter & Tug Wave Surf in Seattle Spring to Fall.
- We offer PSUPA instructor training and certification courses plus staff training and SUP business consulting.
- We provide the most comprehensive beginning to advanced SUP training in the Pacific Northwest.
- We work with schools, companies and organizations. Click for our Corporate Trips & Team building..
- We support our community by offering SUP races throughout the year that benefit various charities including the MS Society and the Ballard Elks Lodge #827 Scholarship Fund.
- We have a strong environmental commitment supporting several organizations such as the Washington Water Trails Association and the North Olympic Land Trust.
Click About Us to learn more.
Follow us on Instragram: salmonbaypaddle