Who We Are. We provide personable small group and individual SUP lessons in the Pacific Northwest. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced paddler we can help you get to the next level. Our expert PSUPA certified instructors are friendly, patient, have a strong focus on safety and love what they do. Our classes cover SUP basics to surf, paddling in current, coastal surfing, and Freighter and Tug wave surfing. We also offer SUP Instructor Training and Certification through the Professional Stand Up Paddle Association (PSUPA).
We are a Mobile business founded by SUP and Kayak guidebook author Rob Casey. Rob’s books include ‘Stand Up Paddling Flat Water to Surf and Rivers” and “Kayaking Puget Sound.” Click to learn more about us.
CLICK HERE FOR THE 1/1/17 BALLARD RACE!New Year’s Day Paddling Race and Plunge
What Sets Us Apart..
- Our patient certified instructors work with all body types, ages and skill levels from beginners to advanced ages 10 and up. Good balance or fitness not required.
- Strong focus on safety. Read more about our Risk Management practices.
- High Instructor to Student Ratio. 2:6 for flat water, surf, river and open water classes.
- Learn to SUP surf, paddle in current as well as Freighter & Tug Wave surfing.
- We provide the most comprehensive beginning to advanced SUP training in the Pacific Northwest.
- We have a strong environmental commitment supporting several organizations such as the Washington Water Trails Association and the North Olympic Land Trust. Owner Rob Casey is a member of the Washington State Parks Paddle Sport Advisory Committee.
Follow us on Instragram: salmonbaypaddle