Who We Are. We provide personable small group and individual SUP and kayaking lessons and tours in the Pacific Northwest. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced paddler we can help you get to the next level. Our expert PSUPA certified instructors are friendly, patient, have a strong focus on safety and love what they do. Learn SUP basics to surf, paddling in current, plan overnight trips, and surf Freighter and Tug waves in Seattle. We also offer SUP Instructor Training and Certification through the Professional Stand Up Paddle Association (PSUPA).
We are a Mobile business founded by SUP and Kayak guidebook author Rob Casey. Rob’s books include ‘Stand Up Paddling Flat Water to Surf and Rivers” and “Kayaking Puget Sound.” Visit his Stoke Magazine blog for paddling tips. Listen to Rob talk about Race Strategy on Stand Up Paddle the World Radio. Click to learn more about us.
This summer we’re stoked to be partnering with the Aqua Verde Paddle Club offering SUP and Kayak instruction for this super fun spot on Seattle’s warm Portage Bay. SUP classes will be held both on Portage Bay and Shilshole Bay.
Watch our Tidal Rapids class in Deception Pass with Jim Dever on King 5 TV’s Evening!
- Our patient certified instructors work with all body types, ages and skill levels from beginners to advanced ages 10 and up. Good balance or fitness not required.
- Strong focus on safety. Read more about our Risk Management practices.
- High Instructor to Student Ratio. 2:6 for flat water and 2:4 for surf, river and open water classes and tours.
- Learn to Freighter & Tug Wave Surf in Seattle Spring to Fall.
- We’re open all year.
- We offer PSUPA instructor training and certification courses plus staff training and SUP business consulting.
- We provide the most comprehensive beginning to advanced SUP training in the Pacific Northwest.
- We work with schools, companies and organizations. Click for our Corporate Trips & Team building..
- We support our community by offering SUP races throughout the year that benefit various charities including the MS Society and the Ballard Elks Lodge #827 Scholarship Fund.
- We have a strong environmental commitment supporting several organizations such as the Washington Water Trails Association and the North Olympic Land Trust.
- Member: NASBLA, America Outdoors Association, SUPIA, Washington Water Trails Association, Watersports Industry Association.
- We host and co-host several SUP races such as St Paddles Day, Crescent Bar Fest, and our Monday Summer series in Ballard. See Races for event info.
Check out our classes Here!
You Deserve a Good Paddle!
Click About Us to learn more.
Media: Tug Wave Surfing in Canoe Kayak Magazine 5/6/15, Spokesman Review, Seattle Times, Wall Street Journal, Sup Magazine, Canoe Kayak Magazine, Paddling.net, Seattle Times #2, Waggoner’s NW Boating, Curbed Seattle, “Should SUP be part of your wellness routine?” Read the article Rob wrote for Caldera Spa’s newsletter. See more on Media above.